The Hypertronics ruggedized VME64x interconnect solution comprises optimized contact lead traces to provide superior performance in high-speed signal applications.
VME64x connectors are mechanically compliant with
IEEE-1101.2 - 1992, supporting the premier embedded bus architecture. Aluminum frames provide ruggedness and condition cooling, and keying features ensure proper mating.
The phyical demands of critical applications require a higher standard of reliability. Off-the-shelf connectors (COTS) cannot stand up to the rigors of applications with extreme conditions where system failure is simply not an option. Our engineers have put together a complete solution that removes the weakness of the electrical interface from the standard VME COTS architecture. VME 64x reduces costs of developments, manufacturing, and ownership.
VME64x connectors benefit from the highly reliable Hypertac® contact technology, to offer a significantly improved interface for shock and vibration immunity with low mating forces. Hypertac contact technology features a hyperboloid-shaped basket of individual spring wires that deliver the highest level of reliability and performance.
Hypertronics offers both standard and customizable VME64x solutions. With the VME64x connectors, manufacturers with critical applications are guaranteed a reliable, high-performance connector solution for situations in which the cost of failure is incalculable.
- COTS and Custom Applications
- Designed for severe environment applications with high levels of shock and vibration
- Mechanically compliant with IEEE-1101.2 -1992, ruggedization level 5
- Hypertac contacts with up to 100,000 mating cycles and low mating forces
- Stackable design of high speed modules feature round pins to mate with Hypertac contacts
- Optimized lead traces within modules provide superior performance in high speed applications
- Aluminum frames for ruggedness and conduction cooling
- Keying feature assures proper mating
- Shield prevents EMI/RFI